Venue: Kadir Has University, Istanbul
UA: Ukraine Analytica
Center for European and International Studies, Kadir Has University
With the financial support of
the Black Sea Trust of the German Marshall Fund and
NATO Information and Documentation Center in Ukraine
PANEL I: Is there a Black Sea Security Architecture?
- Is there a Black Sea security system or it is a part of the European Security structure?
- Who are disruptors and promoters of security in the region?
- What comes first – Human security or Hard security in the Black Sea?
Dr. Mykola Kapitonenko, UA: Ukraine Analytica
Dr. Mitat Celikpala, Kadir Has University
Dr. Oana Popescu,Global Focus (Romania)
Moderator:Dr. Dimitrios Triantaphyllou, Director, Center for European and International Studies, Kadir Has University, Turkey
PANEL 2: NATO and the Black Sea – any chances for strategy?
- Should NATO be deeper involved in the Black Sea?
- What are the perspectives for new countries membership?
- Russia vs Turkey or Russia vs NATO in in terms of the Black Sea security?
Dr. Mustafa Aydin, Kadir Has University
Tengiz Pkhaladze, Advisor to the President of Georgia
Ozgur Unluhisarcikli, GMF Ankara
Moderator: Dr. Hanna Shelest, Editor-in-chief, UA: Ukraine Analytica